Elvis Costello and The Attractions
Elvis Costello is revisiting his 1981 album in super-sized format. Armed Forces will be reissued as a deluxe, slipcased 9-disc vinyl set with three 12-inch LPs, three 10-inch LPs, and three 7-inch singles including 23 previously unreleased live tracks and the complete contents of the previous Rhino/Edsel deluxe edition (with many tracks making their debut on vinyl). It contains:
- New remaster by Bob Ludwig and EC of Armed Forces from the original tapes, "with the sonic fidelity matching the original 1979 U.K. pressing";
- Sketches for Emotional Fascism 10-inch, with four previously issued bonus tracks;
- Riot at the Regent: Live in Sydney '78 10-inch, with six previously unreleased live tracks;
- Europe '79: Live at Pinkpop 12-inch, with 13 previously unreleased live tracks;
- Christmas in the Dominion: Live 24th December '78 10-inch, with four previously unreleased live tracks;
- Live at Hollywood High and Elsewhere 12-inch, with the 10 live tracks included on the 2002 Rhino/Edsel deluxe edition of Armed Forces;
- "Oliver's Army" b/w "Big Boys (Demo)" 7-inch single;
- "Accidents Will Happen" b/w "Busy Bodies (Alternate)" 7-inch single;
- "American Squirm" b/w "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding" - Nick Lowe & His Sound 7-inch single.
It's all accompanied by seven notebooks including Costello's updated liner notes of nearly 10,000 words and handwritten lyrics; a replica poster; and a new postcard set of EC and The Attractions. The contents of the vinyl set will also be available digitally.