Get On Board the Soul Train: The Sound of Philadelphia International Records Vol. 1 is the first in a series of box sets from the U.K.-based United Souls label, an imprint of Snapper Music, which will ultimately collect the entire Philadelphia International albums discography on CD. The slipcased, 8-CD/1-12″ single hardcover book-style set will feature the following eight albums, originally released between 1971 and 1973:
- Billy Paul, Going East (Philadelphia International Z 30580, 1971);
- Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes, I Miss You (Philadelphia International KZ 31648, 1972);
- The O’Jays, Back Stabbers (Philadelphia International KZ 31712, 1971);
- Billy Paul, 360 Degrees of Billy Paul (Philadelphia International KZ 31793, 1972);
- Dick Jensen, Dick Jensen (Philadelphia International KZ 31794, 1973);
- The Intruders, Save the Children (Gamble KZ 31991, 1973);
- MFSB, MFSB (Philadelphia International KZ 32046, 1973); and
- Billy Paul, Ebony Woman (Neptune NLPS-201, 1970 – reissued Philadelphia International KZ 32118, 1973).
The set is rounded out by a 12-inch vinyl single of the O’Jays’ “Back Stabbers” b/w MFSB’s “Back Stabbers” and an exclusive poster.