- Excited for Legacy’s deluxe reissue of Whitney Houston’s debut album (out next Tuesday)? Vevo’s got an EPK up for your viewing pleasure. View it here.
- A big reissue has yet another date change: Rhino’s deluxe edition of Disintegration by The Cure has been moved from March 16 to April 6. Here’s the link.
- Indie label group Beggar’s Banquet has got some neat new titles planned on their Beggar’s Archive imprint. Pixies fans are particularly going to be enthused. Check it here.
- MusicTAP has added some neat release dates from Hip-O Select. The first is what looks like a reissue or expansion of City of Angels, a 1975 album by The Miracles never released on CD in the U.S. (due for release on April 20); and The Mercury Albums Anthology, a limited edition set of material by seminal girl-punk group The Runaways (set to come out on March 16, three days before the upcoming biopic of the group).
- Can’t get enough of Hip-O’s Elvis Costello reissues? If so, you’re probably more invested than Costello himself. I recently found this semi-recent interview in which Elvis had some mixed opinions on the reissues:”[A]s for the reissues, I’m nominally involved, in that my name is on them, but I really have nothing to do with it. And my honest opinion is that, with these live albums, they’ve gotten off on the wrong foot. They’re doing too many records from the same time period and the same repertoire. But it costs too much to produce them, so if they can release something that’s just lying around gathering dust, that’s what they will do.”
If you’re looking for someone who shares your extreme interest (and attention to detail) for all the Elvis Costello reissues, past and present, here’s a site I picked up during some research: visit this page.
Got some tips for us? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and it’ll get posted, stat.