- An article from The Columbian of Clark County, Washington is making the rounds for noting that a box set is being prepped chronicling the 1974 tour of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Planned to enter stores around the holiday season, the set is said to comprise three CDs and a DVD, culled from eight of the best stops on the tour. The 1974 tour saw CSNY performing after a four-year hiatus; the outdoor-arena shows (among the first of their kind) often stretched to three hours of electric and acoustic performances.
- A hat tip to the top cats at Slicing Up Eyeballs for this story and the next: XTC's 1986 LP Skylarking is getting a new reissue on double vinyl. The package corrects a bizarre error present on all the previous pressings of the album: for some reason, the sound polarity on all pressings had been reversed (meaning, to quote the original post, "sound waves that should be pushing out from your speakers are actually pulling them back and projecting from the rear"). A CD reissue has not been announced, nor has a final track list been issued (note that original U.K. pressings did not include the single "Dear God," although the 2001 remaster appended the song to the end of the disc).
- Finally, The Teardrop Explodes - Julian Cope's early-'80s post-punk outfit - are expanding their first LP, 1980's Kilimanjaro, to a three-disc set due out July 12 in the U.K. from Universal. It includes a disc of B-sides and non-LP tracks and another disc of live BBC sessions. You can read the track list after the jump.
- Ha Ha I’m Drowning - 2:53
- Sleeping Gas - 3:45
- Treason - 3:05
- Second Head - 2:53
- Poppies in the Field - 5:05
- Went Crazy - 2:40
- Brave Boys Keep Their Promises - 2:28
- Bouncing Babies - 2:27
- Books - 2:36
- Thief of Baghdad - 3:09
- When I Dream - 5:10
Disc 2: Non-LP tracks
- Reward - 2:53 (single A-side - Mercury TEAR 2, 1980)
- Sleeping Gas (Original 7" Version) - 4:38 (single A-side - Zoo Records CAGE 003, 1979)
- Camera Camera (Original 7" Version) 4:28 - (single B-side - Zoo Records CAGE 003, 1979)
- Kirby Workers Dream Fades - (single A-side - Zoo Records CAGE 003, 1979)
- Bouncing Babies (Original 7" Version) - (single A-side - Zoo Records CAGE 005, 1979)
- All I Am is Loving You (Original 7" Version) - (single B-side - Zoo Records CAGE 005, 1979)
- Treason (Original 7" Version) - 3:05 (single A-side - Zoo Records CAGE 008, 1980)
- Read It in Books - 2:16 (single B-side - Zoo Records CAGE 008, 1980)
- Kilimanjaro - 4:31 (B-side to "When I Dream" - Mercury TEAR 1, 1980)
- Strange House in the Snow - 4:35 (single B-side - Mercury TEAR 2, 1980)
- Use Me - 5:49 (B-side to "Treason" - Mercury TEAR 3, 1981)
- Traison (C’Est Juste Une Histoire) - 2:54 (12" B-side to "Treason" - Mercury TEAR 312, 1981)
- Sleeping Gas (Live @ Club Zoo, Liverpool, England on 12/22/1981) - 9:27 (from Kilimanjaro reissue - Mercury 548 322-2, 2000)
Disc 3: BBC Sessions
- Brave Boys Keep Their Promises
- Ha Ha I’m Drowning
- Went Crazy
- Thief of Baghdad
- When I Dream
- Poppies in the Field
- For Years
- The Great Dominions
Tracks 1-7 from John Peel Session, 1979
Tracks 8-11 from Mike Read Session 10/27/1980
Just for the sake of completeness, it's worth pointing out that the two Gruntruck albums are being reissued this year too.
So... Perhaps this CSNY set will finally replace the mess that is 4-Way Street? THAT would be welcome! I'm eagerly awaiting what this set might offer.