- The previously-reported reissue of Queens of the Stone Age's self-titled 1998 debut LP - the band's second catalogue project after the 10th anniversary reissue of major-label breakthrough Rated R - has a full track list, featuring three tracks cut from the album and unreleased until now. Rekords Rekords, the label owned by QotSA leader Josh Homme, will release the on November 26 as a vinyl and CD set (followed by a CD-only release December 7).
- Indie-rock stalwarts The Dismemberment Plan are reuniting for a tour in 2011, which will be commemorated with a reissue of the band's breakthrough LP, 1999's Emergency & I on January 11. (How much of a breakthrough was it? The notoriously picky critics at Pitchfork gave it a 9.6 out of 10 and wrote a review that was 21 words long, saying little more than to get up and go buy the album.) The double-vinyl set will include four bonus tracks from other singles and EPs and liner notes written by Josh Modell of The Onion.
- ZTT is promising a new compilation of incredibly rare mixes and tracks on the horizon. The label compared the set to the classic compilations Sampled (1985) and Zance (1994), only "bigger than both combined." The twelfth entry in ZTT's ongoing Element Series of reissues has no release date or title yet, but we'll of course let you know when it does.
Hit the jump to see the track lists for the Queens of the Stone Age and Dismemberment Plan reissues.
Queens of the Stone Age, Queens of the Stone Age (Man's Ruin MR 151, 1998 - reissued Rekords Rekords, 2010)
- Regular John
- If Only
- Walkin' on the Sidewalks
- You Would Know
- The Bronze *
- How to Handle a Rope (A Lesson in the Lariat)
- Hispanic Impressions
- You Can't Quit Me Baby
- These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For *
- Give the Mule What He Wants
- Spiders and Vinegaroons *
- I Was a Teenage Hand Model
* denotes previously unreleased track
The Dismemberment Plan, Emergency & I (DeSoto Di34, 1999 - reissued Barsuk, 2010)
- A Life of Possibilities
- Memory Machine
- What Do You Want Me to Say?
- Spider in the Snow
- The Jitters
- I Love a Magician
- You Are Invited
- The City
- Girl O' Clock
- 8 1/2 Minutes
- Back and Forth
- The Dismemberment Plan Gets Rich (from Juno/The Dismemberment Plan Split CD - DeSoto DJ38, 2000)
- Just Like You (from The Ice of Boston EP - Interscope INTDM-95036, 1998)
- Since You Died (B-side to "What Do You Want Me to Say?" - DeSoto Di22, 1997)
- The First Anniversary of Your Last Phone Call (from The Ice of Boston EP - Interscope INTDM-95036, 1998)