If there's any ongoing bad blood about Warner Bros. The Danny Elfman & Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box, The Second Disc accepts full responsibility. We were excited when it was announced and we were floored by the track list (and the price). But when other retailers started taking orders for what was supposed to be a limited edition, direct-order set, there was a lot of confusion in the air. Then, after the limited first run had sold out, direct buyers were promised a signed bonus disc - arguably not the best way to announce it, after there was no chance of ordering a copy for oneself.
Well, a Film Score Monthly message board user has received his bonus disc. And if you were hoping for some exclusive content...well, keep hoping. The bonus disc acts as a sampler for the whole set, distinguished of course by the composer's signature on the case itself. But there is not - we repeat, not - any new or exclusive music on the bonus disc.
In a way, that's a good thing. Yes, the FSM boards will bitch (oh, how they will bitch!), but first-run buyers now have a nice exclusive - Elfman's signature - and no other music with which to taunt second-run buyers on Amazon and elsewhere. Of course, this sigh of relief could have been prevented had there been more up-front, transparent info from the get-go - but that argument is getting more and more repetitive, isn't it?
Without further ado, hit the jump for the bonus disc track list.
Danny Elfman, The Danny Elfman & Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box Bonus Disc (Warner Bros., 2011)
- The Danny Elfman/Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box Suite
- Main Title/Bike Race (from Pee Wee's Big Adventure)
- Main Title (with Elfman Vocal Intro) (from Beetlejuice)
- The Batman Theme (from Batman)
- Introduction (Titles) (from Edward Scissorhands)
- End Credits (from Batman Returns)
- End Title (from The Nightmare Before Christmas)
- Main Title (from Mars Attacks!)
- Main Title (from Sleepy Hollow)
- Main Titles (from Planet of the Apes)
- Big Fish (Titles) (from Big Fish)
- Main Titles (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
- End Credits Part 2 (Bonus Tracks from Bonejangles and his Bone Boys) (from Corpse Bride)
- Alice's Theme (from Alice in Wonderland)
Isn't this new and/or exclusive?
1. The Danny Elfman/Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box Suite
Stephen B says
This item has a rather long and convoluted history of delay.
First, the BURTON/ELFMAN box was limited, but when sold out it was announced that more would be offered to sell [without numbered limited certificate this time].
Now, not certain about the official site but pages such as CDUniverse have this listing and it's showing a date change - at this moment 2-5-2011 - to April 12th. Four months after the original planned pressing or release of the box!
I guess that the book and CD extras are going to be worth it, for those who do order the box.