It turns out the remixed, expanded Abbey Road isn’t the only piece of The Beatles’ catalogue getting reissued for the holidays. The group just announced the release of a box set gathering the band’s singles on vinyl, to be released November 22.
The Singles Collection includes original singles and B-sides on 22 pieces of vinyl, plus a newly created 23rd single featuring “Free As a Bird” and “Real Love,” both single A-sides released to promote the multi-volume Anthology project in 1995 and 1996. The draw for collectors here is clearly the packaging: each single features meticulously recreated single and label artwork from different countries on all six inhabited continents on Earth – a testament to The Fab Four’s global staying power.
All tracks have been newly remastered from the original multitrack tapes, and cut for vinyl at – where else? – Abbey Road Studios. The set also comes with a 40-page book of photos and ephemera along with essays by Beatle historian Kevin Howlett.
Full track list and pre-order links are below.
- Love Me Do b/w P.S. I Love You (sleeve art: U.S.)
- Please Please Me b/w Ask Me Why (sleeve art: Italy)
- From Me To You b/w Thank You Girl (sleeve art: Norway)
- She Loves You b/w I’ll Get You (sleeve art: Greece)
- I Want To Hold You Hand b/w This Boy (sleeve art: Chile)
- Can’t Buy Me Love b/w You Can’t Do That (sleeve art: Austria)
- A Hard Day’s Night b/w Things We Said Today (sleeve art: Holland)
- I Feel Fine b/w She’s a Woman (sleeve art: Sweden)
- Ticket To Ride b/w Yes It Is (sleeve art: Spain)
- Help! b/w I’m Down (sleeve art: Belgium)
- We Can Work It Out b/w Day Tripper (sleeve art: France)
- Paperback Writer b/w Rain (sleeve art: Turkey)
- Eleanor Rigby b/w Yellow Submarine (sleeve art: Argentina)
- Strawberry Fields Forever b/w Penny Lane (sleeve art: Australia)
- All You Need Is Love b/w Baby, You’re a Rich Man (sleeve art: West Germany)
- Hello, Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus (sleeve art: Mexico)
- Lady Madonna b/w The Inner Light (sleeve art: Japan)
- Hey Jude b/w Revolution (sleeve art: South Africa)
- Get Back b/w Don’t Let Me Down (sleeve art: Denmark)
- The Ballad Of John and Yoko b/w Old Brown Shoe (sleeve art: Portugal)
- Something b/w Come Together (sleeve art: Israel)
- Let It Be b/w You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) (sleeve art: U.K.)
- Free As a Bird b/w Real Love (sleeve art: worldwide)