Earlier this year, ZTT expanded the group's debut EP, Into Battle with The Art of Noise, adding a host of vault content meant for their first album but ultimately scrapped. This album - featuring contributions by all five of the original Art of Noise collective (Trevor Horn, Paul Morley, Anne Dudley, Gary Langan and J.J. Jeczalik) - reprises "Beat Box" and "Moments in Love" from that EP, as well as "Close (to the Edit)," one of the best dance tracks based on a Yes song.
As for bonus content, there's much to offer in terms of audio and video: nine tracks taken from two BBC sessions recorded in 1984 and 1985 (including a version of "Beat Box" "which morphs, only this once, into 'Video Killed the Radio Star'") and a DVD of rare videos, unreleased live performances and a two-part documentary. (Unfortunately, Amazon's U.K. pre-order page states that the DVD is PAL-encoded, making it hard to play if you're in the U.S.).
The package is available on September 5 in the United Kingdom. Order it at Amazon here and hit the jump for full track details.
The Art of Noise, Who's Afraid of The Art of Noise? Deluxe Edition (ZTT/Salvo SALVOMDCD22, 2011)
Disc 1: Original LP and BBC sessions
- A Time for Fear (Who's Afraid)
- Beat Box (Diversion One)
- Close (to the Edit)
- Who's Afraid (of the Art of Noise)
- Moments in Love
- How to Kill
- 'too busy talking' (BBC Session, November 1984)
- Close (to the Edit) (BBC Session, November 1984)
- 'exploring the jungle' (BBC Session, November 1984)
- Moments in Love (BBC Session, November 1984)
- 'arranged in a circle' (BBC Session, November 1984)
- Beat Box (Diversion Seven) (BBC Session, November 1984)
- From Science to Silence (BBC Session, March 1985)
- Beat Box (BBC Session, March 1985)
- Moments in Love (BBC Session, March 1985)
Disc 2: DVD - A Feast of Reason: All Art/All Noise
- 'so what happens now?'
- Beat Box
- Close (to the Edit) (version one)
- Closer (to the Edit) (cinema version)
- Moments in Love
- an Art of Noise (live at The Value of Entertainment, June 1985)
- Moments in Love (live around the world, Summer 1999)
- Beat Box and Close (to the Edit) (live at Coexistence, June 2000)
- When Art of Noise met Kenneth Williams (and Other Commercial Breaks) (parts one to nine)
- Close (to the Edit) (version three)
- Moments in Love (version two)
- Close (to the Edit) (version two)
- Beat Box (edit)
- 'so what happened next?'
Disc 1, Tracks 1-9 released as ZTT Records LP ZTTIQ2 (U.K.)/Island LP 90179-1 (U.S.), 1984. All other tracks previously unreleased.