More than 30 years after their debut, New Jersey's Bon Jovi are still going strong, and to commemorate that strength, they're releasing a heavy-hitting vinyl box set next year.
The Albums includes all 14 of the group's studio efforts, from 1984's blistering-glam self-titled debut to the just-released This House is Not for Sale, the first original album without longtime guitarist Richie Sambora. Eleven of these albums have hit the Billboard Top 10 since 1986's chart-topping breakthrough Slippery When Wet; of those, six of these albums (including This House is Not for Sale) have hit No. 1. The box will also include frontman Jon Bon Jovi's solo albums Blaze of Glory (1990) and Destination Anywhere (1997) as well as a specially curated disc of extra tracks released between 1994 and 2010.
This set is an absolute boon for Bon Jovi fans and vinyl enthusiasts alike. 1988's New Jersey is receiving its first pressing on double vinyl for enhanced audio quality. The band's '90s albums, Keep the Faith (1992) and These Days (1995), are receiving their first domestic vinyl releases (with These Days retaining the two bonus tracks from international vinyl and CD issues). And the eight albums between Destination Anywhere and 2015's Burning Bridges are bowing on vinyl for the first time anywhere.
The Jon Bon Jovi solo albums and Burning Bridges are exclusive to The Albums for now, but the other albums (plus a 120-gram pressing of This House is Not for Sale, which is 180 grams in The Albums) are available as standalone vinyl titles now. The Albums, meanwhile, hits stores February 10, 2017. Individual and box set links are below, as well as the complete contents of the set including the 10 rare tracks from the extras disc!
* first time on vinyl ** first time on vinyl in the U.S.
LP 1: Bon Jovi (Mercury 814 982-1 M-1, 1984)
LP 2: 7800° Fahrenheit (Mercury 824 509-1 M-1, 1985)
LP 3: Slippery When Wet (Mercury 830 264-1 M-1, 1986)
LPs 4-5: New Jersey (Mercury 836 345-1, 1988)
LPs 6-7: Keep the Faith (Mercury 314 514 045-2, 1992) **
LPs 8-9: These Days (Mercury 314 528 181-2, 1995) **
Contains bonus tracks "All I Want is Everything" and "Bitter Wine" from international pressings - Mercury 528 248-1/2
LPs 10-11: Crush (Island Records 314 542 474-2, 2000) *
LP 12: Bounce (Island Records 440 063 055-2, 2002) *
LPs 13-14: Have a Nice Day (Island Records B0005371-02, 2005) *
LP 15: Lost Highway (Island Records B0008902-02, 2007) *
LPs 16-17: The Circle (Island Records B0013700-02, 2009) *
LPs 18-19: What About Now (Island Records B0018119-02, 2013) *
LP 20: Extras
- Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (from Cross Road - Mercury 314 526 013-2, 1994)
- No Apologies (from Greatest Hits - Island Records B0015043-02, 2010)
- Postcards from the Wasteland (from Japanese pressing of Bounce - Universal Music UICY-91200, 2002)
- These Open Arms (from Japanese pressing of Have a Nice Day - Island Records UICL-1053, 2005)
- Walk Like a Man (from Target edition of Lost Highway - Island Records B0009133-02, 2007)
- Neurotica (from Japanese pressing of Crush - Mercury UICY-6467, 2000)
- I Could Make a Living Out of Loving You (from U.K. pressing of Crush - Mercury 542 562-2, 2000)
- What Do You Got? (from Greatest Hits - Island Records B0015043-02, 2010)
- Dirty Little Secret (from U.K. pressing of Have a Nice Day - Island Records 0602498849651, 2005)
- Always (from Cross Road - Mercury 314 526 013-2, 1994)
LP 21: Burning Bridges (Mercury B0023738-02, 2015) *
LP 22: This House is Not for Sale (Island Records B0025435-01, 2016)
LP 23: Jon Bon Jovi, Blaze of Glory: Inspired by the Film "Young Guns II" (Mercury 846 473-1, 1990)
LPs 24-25: Jon Bon Jovi, Destination Anywhere (Mercury 314 534 903-2, 1997) *
Box set edition to be pressed on 180-gram vinyl