Here she comes again. Hot on the heels of the expanded edition of Dolly Parton's A Holly Dolly Christmas, the superstar is teaming with Legacy Recordings and RCA for a new, career-spanning package. Diamonds and Rhinestones: The Greatest Hits Collection arrives on November 18 with 23 tracks, originally released between 1971 and 2020, on CD, 2LP, and digital formats.
Diamonds and Rhinestones draws on Parton's recordings for RCA Victor, Columbia Records, and her own Dolly Records label. The non-chronologically-sequenced collection includes the freshly-minted Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee's biggest crossover hits including Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil's "Here You Come Again" (No. 3 Pop, No. 2 AC, No. 1 Country, 1977); "Two Doors Down" (No. 19 Pop, No. 12 AC, 1977); Carole Bayer Sager and David Wolfert's "Heartbreaker" (No. 37 Pop, No. 12 AC, No. 1 Country, 1978); "9 to 5" (No. 1 Pop, AC, and Country, 1980); and Barry, Robin & Maurice Gibb's "Islands in the Stream" with Kenny Rogers (No. 1 Pop, AC, and Country, 1983). The set also features further Country chart-toppers including "Jolene" (1974), "I Will Always Love You" (1974), "Love Is Like a Butterfly" (1974), "The Bargain Store" (1975), "It's All Wrong, But It's All Right" (1977), soundtrack cut "Tennessee Homesick Blues" from Rhinestone (1984), the Rogers duet "Real Love" (1985), and "Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That" (1989).
Among the other favorites are "Coat of Many Colors" (1971), "My Tennessee Mountain Home" (1973), and "The Seeker" (1975) as well as more recent songs bringing Parton's discography up to the present. "Better Get to Livin'," from 2008's Backwoods Barbie, earned Dolly her first solo chart entry in six years. "Red Shoes" is culled from the 2018 soundtrack to the film Dumplin', for which Dolly and co-writer Linda Perry provided a number of new songs. The 2020 digital single "When Life Is Good Again," an uplifting anthem for the age of COVID-19, makes its CD debut while other collaborations are represented, too, including Dolly's duet with Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn on "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" from their Honky Tonk Angels album, and "Faith" with electronic music duo Galantis. The latter also makes its domestic CD and LP debut.
Diamonds and Rhinestones: The Greatest Hits Collection boasts new liner notes from Robert K. Oermann, Dolly's co-author on her 2020 book Songteller: My Life in Lyrics. On November 5, Dolly will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This November 18 release celebrates the extraordinary breadth of her wide-ranging discography. Look for it at the links below from RCA/Legacy.
- 9 to 5 - From the RCA Victor album 9 to 5 And Odd Jobs (1980)
- Jolene - From the RCA Victor album Jolene (1974)
- Here You Come Again - From the RCA Victor album Here You Come Again (1977)
- Islands In The Stream (with Kenny Rogers) - From the Kenny Rogers album Eyes That See In The Dark (1983)
- I Will Always Love You - From the RCA Victor album Jolene (1974)
- Coat Of Many Colors - From the RCA Victor album Coat of Many Colors (1971)
- My Tennessee Mountain Home - From the RCA Victor album My Tennessee Mountain Home (1973)
- The Bargain Store - From the RCA Victor album The Bargain Store (1975)
- Baby I'm Burnin' - From the RCA Victor album Heartbreaker (1978)
- Better Get To Livin' - From the Dolly Records album Backwoods Barbie (2008)
- Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That - From the Columbia Records album White Limozeen (1989)
- Love Is Like A Butterfly - From the RCA Victor album Love Is Like A Butterfly (1974)
- Heartbreaker - From the RCA Victor album Heartbreaker (1978)
- Red Shoes - From the Dolly Records/RCA Records album Dumplin' (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2018)
- The Seeker - From the RCA Victor album Dolly (1975)
- Together You & I - From the Dolly Records album Better Day (2011)
- Two Doors Down - From the RCA Victor album Here You Come Again (1977)
- When Life Is Good Again - From the Butterfly Records digital single (2020)
- Tennessee Homesick Blues - From the RCA Victor album Rhinestone (Original Soundtrack Recording) (1984)
- It's All Wrong But It's All Right - From the RCA Victor album Here You Come Again (1977)
- Real Love (with Kenny Rogers) - From the RCA Victor album Real Love (1985)
- Silver Threads and Golden Needles - Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton and Tammy Wynette - From the Columbia Records album Honky Tonk Angels (1993)
- Faith - Galantis & Dolly Parton (featuring Mr. Probz) - From the Galantis album Church (2020)